Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Owner: Catholic Diocese of Utah
Architect: Blyer, Blinder & Bell
Approx. SF: 22,000 sq. ft.
Completion: September 1992
Project Description: The restoration of this 1910 Catholic Cathedral included seismic upgrades; replacement of steam heat with forced air heat and air conditioning; conversion from traditional layout to Vatican II liturgical design; restored artwork, millwork, carvings and addition of new pieces to blend with existing. The Cathedral also includes new lighting, sound system and pipe organ.